Pages

5.01.2013

Introversion, and a journey

Yeah I know... it's been over a year since I fired up this bucket of bolts known as my blog. Since you're reading it that means you survived, which also mean that it's probably not that big of a deal :)

It's been a dream of mine for a while now to visit a new city for a weekend (by myself), and just explore. See what there is to see, enjoy what there is to enjoy, and experience something completely new. With camera in hand and spare battery in pocket, of course. Whether or not it's a completely healthy thing, I constantly crave at least some change of scenery (no matter how small), so this idea is basically taking that to its logical conclusion.

I've got the awesome opportunity to do just that (the exploration thing) later this month... as a part of my job I'm traveling to the Pharmaceutical SAS Users Group annual conference in Chicago. The conference doesn't start until 5pm on Sunday. I get into Chicago at 7:45am on Saturday. I think this will be a very interesting experience on multiple levels...

1. As a formerly homeschooled only child, I'm kinda used to doing stuff by myself. Eventually I need to be around people, but I reckon that will be taken care of by the conference. Anyways, I've never gone out to a completely foreign environment by myself to explore solo for 36 hours, so the psychological side of this will be interesting.

2. I've never been to Chicago. It seems like a pretty legit city, and I've heard their pizza is ok. My goal is to have Chicago-style pizza from a different place every day and report back with the winner. I've also already got some photography ideas in my head, some of which will hopefully make it on here.

My goal (please hold me to this) is to report back with daily updates while in the Windy City as well as possibly a wrap-up post. Hope you enjoy the ride!

2 comments:

  1. Daily blog updates? Daily Twitter updates? Daily eating updates? daily pictures updates? daily SAS code updates? Daily outfit updates? What kind of updates are we talking here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically you can expect a daily update of my experiences in Chicago - probably not nitty-gritty details of stuff I learn at the conference, but more general stuff.

    To answer your specific questions in order:
    Yes
    Yes (but hourly might be more accurate)
    Yes
    Yes
    Doubtful (this isn't a blog about SAS programming)
    Doubtful (this also isn't a fashion blog)

    ReplyDelete